Amkor Electronics -
Litton Guidance &
Provided project management for multi-million dollar strategic project to select and implement Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Provided technical expertise for requirements analysis, competitive bid development, and evaluation of SAP R/3, Oracle Applications and Baan Triton IV ERP software systems. Also assisted implementation planning for design and implementation phases of enterprise-wide SAP solution in U.S., Philippines and Korean offices and factories -- planned development of business case, executive management presentation, project budget, work programs, implementation timeline and team resource planning
Determined reuse & commonality criteria and established shared software for two separate helicopter avionics projects. Also implemented an Arinc 429 driver for one of the projects using Rational Apex Ada 95 targeted for
- Performed system tradeoff and preliminary design for a forty-plus CPU on-board radar (SAR) processing system for the reconnaissance version of the F16..
- Established subsystem (module architecture) structure and multi-platform board support for GPS aircraft navigation system to improve reuse and maintainability. Also performed tasking optimization and real-time schedulability analysis on this GPS system in order to timing deadlines.
- Completed system integration on two versions of a 75 KSLOC real-time pollution monitoring system for power generation stations. System is Verdix and Alsys - based Ada targeted for both SCO/UNIX and MS DOS INTEL CPUs.
- Project review and analysis of supplier options for an animated, commercial weather reporting system based on real-time data from spaceborne sensors.
- Designed and implemented Ada target detection and recognition programs for a multi-processor smart munitions project. Processing used IR and radar sensor data and required re-engineering from C prototype algorithms and development of new classification criteria.
- Helped write a specification for development of safety-critical software for inter-agency use in the Federal government.
- Project Review of Distributed Information Management System for Worldwide Aircraft Operations.
- Project review of In-Flight Fuel Management System development for CFO
- Developed and maintained the inter- and intra-processor communications processing for a high performance graphics display station. Redesigned communications to improve performance, maintainability and subsystem integrity. Performance-optimized the system with Rate Monotonic Analysis (RMA) techniques by modifying tasking priorities and eliminating architectural inefficiencies.
- Developed and installed city wide automatic utility meter reading systems located in telephone exchanges using time-shared standard telephone lines (awarded patents on this system). Also developed a load management data acquisition system which provided color graphic displays of electricity usage and instantaneous demand for a citywide municipal power generating control center
Data Systems - 1968-78
- Was software project head of the flight test data acquisition system for the DC10. System used an early form of client/server networking under real-time. System was the pioneering commercial application of real-time telemetry for on-line analysis of a large scale system.
Aircraft - 1958-1967
- Was auto-test programming supervisor for inertial navigation systems. This Hughes VATE auto-test system was one of the earliest, large-scale, automatic test systems.